OI!!!? Tudo bem!?
This week was great! We've got three baptisms lined up for this next week and all of them are super firm in the faith, so that's exciting!
Oh and I need to make a correction, I'm in São Jose. We've got one of the best beaches in the world here. It is sooooo beautiful!! Looked it up, its amazing. But the summers here I've heard are not for elders....so hopefully I'll be some where else when November comes along.
Elder Cavalcant is great. He has only been a member for 3 years but is probably the best missionary out here and more like a prophet or apostle than anybody under the age of 30 I have ever met. He really is amazing. I can't even explain the power he has. Our area is great. We have been dong a lot of less active member visiting. I guess 4 years ago there were 200 people in this ward but everything about it from the president of the branch to the missionaries was corrupted so they closed this area. But recently it was opened back up and technically we still have around 200 people in the ward but only 7 of them show up. It's easy to have more investigators there than members. It's pretty sad. But since this area was opened back up it's been growing very quickly. Elder Cavalcanti has a way with people that I'm trying to learn. We had English class on Saturday which was fun, but I realized how ridiculous the English language is. We've got rules, but they all can be broken....but its was still fun. We also found out that night that one of our investigators is gay...a problem, but who knows, the gospel changes people. Look what happened to Saul! In our area we have 3 different areas… Tamandarei, Barreiros, and São José. We have to take a little crazy van to each town which is kind of cool. This whole area just looks amazing and I love it.
Sunday was the most different Sunday I have ever had. I taught the jouvens (youth). That was pretty fun and elder Caval taught the adults. I think we'll switch next time. I'm the 1st councilor and secretary in the branch presidency so it's cool getting to learn all the roles and things the bishopric/branch presidency need to do. Thursday I learned how to count and record the tithing with the program the church has. I figure when I get home I'll be all set to be called as a councilor in our ward and then an apostle at 27 or 28 (ha ha).
I feel like I have so much to say after this week but don't know what to say at the same time. Things are good. The language is getting way better and elder Caval loves English so I'm helping him learn also. Oh and I found out that he cut hair professionally for 14 years! So he gave me a nice short cut! It is so different being with him, probably because he is 28, but he just has a maturity level different than the normal missionary. It's awesome. One lesson we had was with a lady who had trouble stopping smoking. He reached in her purse and took out her cigarettes and on each of them wrote the name with his pen of someone she loved. He told her ever time she smoked she would be smoking away someone she loved. We found out the next day that the first one she pulled out had my name! (haha)
Love you all and thanks for the prayers!
Com Todo amor no mundo,
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment