Monday, August 13, 2012

baptism!!! 8-13-12

 

Wow, reading your letters each week really makes me want to shout out how happy I am with how things are going at home. First off, Bob’s baptism is this week! How exciting! It's amazing how the Gospel changes people! And Mom, Dad and Allie, you've been doing so much missionary work, and that alone brings me so much joy to hear! Seriously, its so awesome how much you all are helping others. Ryan Grigsby getting his call French speaking. It's so sick! I remember he always liked French and would say things to me that he had learned that were pretty cool, but that's so exciting about him! And it's good to here that Ryan Wallace has been helping dad around the house. I feel bad I left dad with all the yards to do and everything. That sounds nice, mowing the lawns and jumping in the pool afterwards :) Then taking a good nap. But there are kingdoms to build in brazil ;) I love you all so much!


This week was pretty crazy. Actually as long as I'm in this area its going to be hard to find time to write letters, or write in my journal, or anything that could be considered Nate-time. We are in charge of a little branch and three towns, with hardly any other leadership. Saturday was so awesome. We had the baptism of Sueli (a lady)! The other two will be in two weeks because of them having to move on Saturday and this next Sunday we have district conference with a general authority. But this past Saturday was great!

DSC02658  DSC02621

Sundays are pretty hard because Elder Cavalcanti and I have to do everything (literally). We teach just about every lesson, give every talk, clean the building and just anything that has to be done to have a successful church meeting. It was harder this week because our branch president was out of town. I've never been the first person to take the sacrament in a meeting (and while also blessing the sacrament), that was different. Our goal is to find two men to be the new first and second councilors, so Sunday we can concentrate on getting people to church. After church we are both pretty dead, but its a good feeling.

Some interesting things that happened this week. One of the members said that she knew me from somewhere and decided it was the pre-earth life that we were friends. Wednesday a drunk guy ran up and shoved me, I looked at him like "what the heck!" Elder Cavalcanti started walking towards him aggressively and the man ran away. It was a really weird 2 minutes. I cut Elder Cavals Hair and it turned out pretty good :)  Saturday we needed money to buy food but we had already tried all the ATMs. We decided to try the one that never has worked. I said a silent prayer explaining that we needed money to eat. First elder Caval tried it. When it said to put in his password and he did, nothing happened, so he started pushing all the buttons and then slammed his hand on all of them at the same time and then it worked! We did the exact same thing with mine and it worked too! What the heck? There's a couple other stories that are really cool that happened but ill share them later.

The best feeling in the world is when your doing what's right and you know you are in the exact place at that moment where God wants you. Thomas Monson’s phrase is, “I want God to know that if he needs an errand ran, Thomas Monson is here to run it. "

That's way cool that you got to see Chris and you received the hug I gave to him to give to you mom :) Its crazy that I just saw him and now he's with you!

Oh this week I also received a package from Breck and Nan. Thanks soooo much! The photos are great and the food is almost gone, Elder Caval and I are obsessed with peanut butter and Nutella and you sent both! Hurrah :)
Love you all and thanks for the prayers!


Com Amor, Elder LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment