OI (hey)!!
Wow where do I start this week. Well, first off happy birthday Grandma Nena and Grandpa Wally. It's amazing how great Grandma Nena is doing and how many great people have come about because of her. How proud I am to have such an amazing grandmother!
This week was a little depressing in ways because an older lady in our branch passed away unexpectedly and our next door neighbor (15 years old) also passed away because of a motor cycle accident (the people here and their motorcycles are crazy) but it was super sad for all of his family and the last two days strait people (a ton of people) were gathered outside of our house in respect to him and to see his body that they had in the house. I’m so thankful for the plan of salvation. My companion continually mentions how his goal in life is too have his whole family sealed to him like my family. Alma 40 talks a lot about the next life and how we will rest from our labors... oh my, what a sweet phrase, rest from your labors. There will still be a lot of work to do up there but I don’t think it will feel the same as work feels on earth. Either way we will be resting. Hallelujah!
It has been getting a lot hotter (Arizona is still hotter but in Arizona I didn’t walk all around outside in church clothes) and this weekend was a holiday. There is an amazing beach next to our house so we did a lot of stuff in the church and when we needed to walk outside we had to do a lot of looking at the ground. The people are crazy here. Always parties and just crazy beach people running around. Oh and there is a ton of political stuff going on right now so there are always motorcycles and big vans blasting music and honking their horns all day about certain governors and other political people.
Thursday the power went out all afternoon and night in the whole city, so it was pitch black! We ate dinner with members and lit candles and then at home that night watched the stars out the window looking for weird things in the sky (because my companion is obsessed with aliens and his theories on how they could relate to the gospel, he’s not preaching this stuff just his opinions). Anyway the sky was super bright because there wasn’t any light in the whole city. That was an interesting night. The lights going out had to do with a ton of people visiting Sao Jose because of the holiday, so elder Caval figured maybe the water would run out, so we stocked up on water. It turned out that he was inspired because there was only brown nasty water coming out of the shower and faucets, so we used our stored water and a bucket, muito legal (very cool).
Once again this week we have had a lot of people with answers about the Book of Mormon and now it’s their choice whether they want to follow the answers they have been given. Also, our baptismal font is undergoing a little work so we can’t baptize for a week or so. Domingo (Sunday) was great yesterday. Grandma Sandra would be very proud of me because I played the piano for sacrament meeting which was interesting. All I played was the melody, so I played in the easiest way possible for it to still sound like the song. So I can hardly say I played the piano but we needed something to back up the voices in our branch. Everyone is still so new in the church so no one really knows the hymns. I also got to teach the young women/young men and give a talk which went well.
We’ve been teaching a lot and marked a baptism for a girl named Karol which was great. Unfortunately, her mother doesn’t want to change churches even though she received an answer about our church through a crazy vision about the end of the world and the spirit world. I could go on and on but I’ll stop now because of time.
This was a part of my week, it was crazy, hard, fun, exciting, happy, and every other emotion, which has no doubt built my testimony.
Go on a mission! Love you all and hope you have a great week!
With Love and more amor,
Elder N.P. LeSueur
PS- People here always mention how there are so many fat people in the US and all we do is eat oversized hamburgers, and every person that has mentioned something about that to me has been a huge overweight person. It would be different if they were really fit and worked out every day, but no only the big people mention how we eat too much, it drives me crazy. Love you all and thanks for the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment