Opah!!! Tudo Bem!
This week was great but first I want to say how great the videos were of the family. Today I got to watch them with sound and I was laughing the whole time. How could I forget how funny our family is especially when everyone is together at the beach trying to keep the kids under control. Thanks for all saying hi and telling me know how much fun you were all having (haha). It was good to see everyone. Like Allie said, it's weird to see videos and remember you're still alive! Papa said a couple of words and of course mentioned me mowing his lawns. Man I miss
mowing his lawns! I should have been a better help to him at home. Grandma and Papa and Grandma Nena are all so great. Grandma and Mom mentioned how I need to be singing to our investigators which was funny, but actually Elder Cavalcanti is a good singer so we've started ward choir and singing with investigators and members more before lessons. It's a pretty good way of bringing the spirit into a meeting. Allie mentioned how she got in trouble in class for reading! What!!! What were you reading? Probably the epistle that Paul wrote to the saints in Rome or the Acts of the Apostles after the resurrection of Jesus Cristo, right? (haha) But way to go, you need to get in trouble more often (haha). But seriously what were you reading?
Speaking of the New Testament, I've been studying it a ton and keep asking myself why the heck I didn't study it before my mission. I can't believe I came out on a mission representing Jesus Cristo not knowing anything about the New Testament. Luckily I've repented and began studying a little more. Learning about the life of Jesus Christ has changed the way I look at life and me as a person!
This last week was mission conference and it was good to see all the elders again that grew me up in the field and it turns out 4 of the people I found and taught in JD America have been baptized or are getting baptized! Whoo! Finalmente! (finally).
This week has been a lot of the same stuff working with less-actives and trying to find new people. It's sometimes hard because we have to do all the stuff the secretary and councilors do in the branch and travel to the other areas, so it's hard to fit a lot of things in we would like to do. Its getting super hot without rain again (I heart rain). We've been staying a little healthier by running in the mornings to a little park with a kind of ghetto workout equipment and running back to our place every other day. Two days ago we finished and I realized I left the keys
at the park, so we ran back again and I thought I was going to die. It's not even that far. I need to be in better shape.
Sunday was great with fast and testimony meeting. I got to direct the meeting which couldn't have gone any worse (haha). Brincadeira (just kidding). It wasn't that bad, but I had to say a lot of things I've never said in Portuguese. Some words of advice I have for people in the USA-- eat peanut butter, eat custard, eat hamburgers, and put avocados in your shakes, it makes it creamier (yum yum), and if your feeling way too healthy, mix Nutella with your peanut butter.
As for investigators, we have a ton of people with answers that the Book of Mormon is true, but people always seem to have problems after that so its coming along but sometimes a little frustrating.
Well, I've said demais (too much) have a great week and find joy in life!....... Oh and read the bible.
Love you all!!!!
Com Amor Elder Nate Porter LeSueur
PS- Dad, use the new LDS videos for FHE about Jesus Cristo, they are way awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment