12-24-12 (Christmas Eve)
Hey!!!
We still have p-day even though tomorrow is Christmas. We really don't have Christmas here except for the boxes we receive and talking to the family! Whoo the family, I'm way excited to talk to you all tomorrow! I pray the internet works well.
This last week, was super super super hot, but we worked and taught and did the stuff we missionaries normally do. Saturday was the baptism of Pricila, which was way awesome. I felt the spirit so strong during her baptism, stronger than I have felt in awhile. It's good to get that confirmation that we are here doing Gods works, hurrah. The baptism was great, but unfortunately hardly anyone went to church yesterday which was a huge disappointment, but life goes on. At least I know I'm doing what I need to be doing. We are still getting the marriage problem figured out for Alda and Erick, but found out that Erick last night went to a party and got drunk...Alda didn't like that and told us that for sure they were going to split up and things weren't going to work out between them. She said this at the beginning of the baptism last night and by the end of the baptism she asked us when we could collect their papers for their wedding. So it's kind of confusing, but it will all work out for them in the end if they work hard to follow the Gospel of Christ. Also, we aren't getting too much support from the leadership in our branch (mainly because there IS no leadership to help us) and finding more men to baptize is way harder than it sounds.
We are also teaching Mayla still, who believes everything we say but our church doesn't have the fire and shouting and getting people heated and worked up like her church. So it's hard for her to realize she is feeling the spirit when she thinks the spirit comes when people are shouting in the tongues of angels and no one is understanding. If the people from Arizona saw the church here they would think these people were all crazy. We also came upon a man and woman who said that if we are preaching to people about eternal families, we need to stop and go home. Talking about eternal families is blasphemy and doctrine of the devil. So we asked him what he thought would happen after death. He said that we would all (all the righteous) get together and sing to God as he sat on his throne forever. I asked his sister next to him if singing forever was happiness to her and she said oh glory, of course and threw her hands up in the air. Elder Regio and I started to get pretty fired up hitting him from every direction of bible doctrine but the people's minds are pretty closed here. So I ended the discussion by saying that if singing to God forever is true happiness to them they can and do that for eternity, but that's not happiness to me and I look forward to something bigger and better after death, like being with my family for eternity. Being sons and daughters of God….what truly great potential do we have! The difference between the people already prepared to be baptized here and the people who aren't is extremely obvious in Sao Jose. Well, I'm about out of time but I'm way excited for tomorrow to see you all!!!!
Love you and have a great Christmas tomorrow!
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment