Monday, December 10, 2012

work, baptize and sweat 12-10-12

 

Elder Cavalcanti's last district meeting (5) (a)        Beach close to our house in Sao Jose (3) (a)

(1) The Elders                                                                       (2) The beach near my home in San Jose

Cavalcanti and I made French toast (1) (a)

(3) Elder Cavalcanti and I made French toast!

 

12-10-12

Opah! Tudo bem Gente!

First off I want to say happy b-day to the greatest dad ever. It’s great that he’s got one more year of experience under his belt and for sure many many more! Also, I heard from Allie that Tessa’s baptism went great and she bore an amazing testimony. Yay for Tessa! I also heard that the pictures and videos got home safely. What a relief! Hope you enjoy them!

As for things here in São José, we worked hard and were blessed with a baptism this week of Wesley! He is the son of Inazete and Beu who we have been teaching for awhile. They both will get baptized as soon as they get married, which with my luck, will be the week I get transferred. Also, we marked two baptisms for next week, Prisila and Eline.

Not too much different happened this week, we haven’t been getting a lot of referrals from members so we have been knocking a lot of doors and getting a lot of new investigators. Most of them don’t like commitment but are more interested in hearing an American speak Portuguese rather than hear about a message that could bring them eternal salvation. We have been working still a lot with Auda and Erick who both want to be baptized but aren’t too sure about marriage...but I think this month is the month for them.

Mangos are literally falling from the sky and that makes life a little bit better here. Mango season has officially arrived and luckily Sao Jose has a lot of huge mango trees. We will be teaching lessons and mangos fall right next to us. It’s great! They have 5 types of mangos here, the ones we have been eating aren’t very big and are green when you eat them, but are still super sweet!

Can you tell the Lewis family thanks a million for the pictures, candy and letter. I tell everyone here that they are my second family and tell President Lewis congrats about being mayor again! Way cool!

Wow, that’s way cool about Chris Mullenaux going to New Jersey!  We sure miss him here but know that will be better for his back with not as much walking – Hurrah for Chris!!!

Sunday the stake president came to our branch and gave Alexandro the Melchizedek priesthood then called him to be the branch secretary which is super super nice because it takes a huge load off our back! Now there are 4 men who hold the priesthood here in Sao Jose -- hurrah!

This coming week we have the Christmas lunch in Recife with all of the missionaries, and the temple the day before. So Wednesday we will take the bus to the temple, do a session, sleep at the temple hotel...yes there is a hotel for people visiting the temple, then Thursday we’ll go to the luncheon and I’ll also buy a new camera in Recife. I don’t feel like there is a ton more to say.

We worked, baptized, and sweated-- hurrah!

Love you all and have a great week! Any questions, let me know!

Com amor,

Elder LeSueur

PS-. I thought i would comment about my shoes they are all holding up great! Behind the heel of the Hush Puppies, they are getting pretty ripped, but are the most comfortable. The Florsheims are amazing and better than I thought, very comfortable and holding up great! The Eccos aren’t very comfortable but still are holding up great and look new after I shine them-- what a miracle!

PSS- Can you and the family pray for these people....Beu, Inazete, Presila, Eline, Auda and Erick? Thanks!

PSSS-  Hey Mom, thanks so much for the letter! I miss you so much! I’ll let you know next Monday what time we will Skype. For sure the afternoon, probably around 4 or 5 here so around noon or 1:00 PM your time.

 

 

       A member’s mother in San Jose                                Our chapel in San Jose                                        The baptismal font

Birthday of the mother of a member of the ward -Elders bought her a cake (1) Chapel at our San Jose church builing Baptismal font

No comments:

Post a Comment