Monday, December 3, 2012

a mission good or bad, depends on what you make it 12-3-12

12-3-12

Opah!

I hope everyone is well where ever they are and with whatever they are doing. This week was great just like every other and great also because we made it great. A mission is good, bad, fun, boring, spiritual, or depressing…it depends on what you make it. Just like every situation in life I guess.

But this week was great. We walked quite a bit and taught quit a bit too. One thing we have been teaching a lot to the people here is about families. Man, teaching everyone about how important their families are makes me want to have one… but we have been working a ton with members and investigators that are having a lots of problems with their marriages. We are teaching Alda and Erick… they are together but not married, yet both really want to get baptized but don’t want to get married. Last night we talked with them for 2 hours about marriage and that the only way to solve their "non-marriage" problems is not through separating. They have a little baby girl that is super cute and is depending on us to keep her parents together. I think dealing with young couple families here is the most stressful thing for me because I know how drastically their lives will change either for good or for bad depending on two 20-year-old elders. But after the lesson last night they both decided to make changes in their life and fight a little harder to stay together and make things work out so we will see. It's also crazy because everyone here gets pregnant at age 15 and then single at 19. Sao Jose is full of mothers that work all day and take care of 5 kids, and men that lay around on the streets drunk. It's incredible how life changing the church could be for anyone here if they chose to humble themselves. The potential of Gods children is great. 

We marked a couple of other baptisms for the next two weeks. Also Wesley, we have been working with for awhile, his parents have been coming to church and just needed to get married to get baptized. Last week they really didn’t want to get married but after we talked to them they thought and thought and want to get married…but the man (Beu) is the woman's (Inazete) uncle! So we aren’t sure yet if it's legal for them to get married (ha). In Moses's time it definitely wasn’t. Also one thing I noticed here is that everyone here just needs a friend. I think we could spend all day just walking up to people, sitting next to them and start talking. We are trying to work a ton with the members and get them to be friends with the investigators. The women in our branch are super awesome and helpful befriending our investigators. Sunday we had a ton of young men, young women and woman, but not one man other than the president at church. The woman here are great!!! The men need to learn how to be men.
As for the Branch, things are growing and the women are out visiting the less actives a ton. But like I said there are no men here. This week also our printer ran out of ink and I guess its illegal to refill an ink cartridge. Whoops! But everyone does it and the district president told us to refill it. BUT….(always a but) our new printer is so new that no one in Sao Jose knows how to open it up and fill it with ink! It's pirate proof! So that got us way behind with clerk stuff and tithing, which also means that the church will wonder what happened and the area president of Brazil will talk with our district president and give him a burning….BUT, we'll figure it out. It's interesting figuring out the branch technical stuff.
Well I wish I could send a video of my whole week or something, BUT…I cant.

Love you all and hope you have a great week. It's hard to remember that you all are doing Christmas stuff because it's so hot here!

TchauZINHO! (bye)
WITH TUDO LOVE IN THE MUNDO ENTEIRO!
Elder Nate LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment