Monday, April 15, 2013

called to serve as district leader, elder moore transferred, elder da silva new comp 4-1-13

 

Hey Mom and Dad thanks so much for the emails, I’m glad that you all had a great Easter and that Mom had a great b-day!

This week was super crazy for us here super far away from everything in Garanhuns. I wish i could go into detail about everything but I’d have to write a book! Anyway, this last Tuesday we all (our zone) woke up at 2:00 am...so we had like 3 hours of sleep....to take a big bus to the temple where we did a session and slept at the temple hotel they have there for visitors. Also, while we were in Recife I had to go to the airport and renew my visa which was cool. I tried to look more serious in my new VISA picture so I would look more grown up or something after a year...I think I look the same though...bummer. Also, finding a place that took and printed visa pictures was a nightmare. We had to run around Recife taking busses and running around to finally get my picture and take to the airport. So that took up a lot of the day, but getting back to the temple and doing a session made everything a million times better :) I also ate the best meal of my whoooooolllleeeee mission there by the temple at BURGER KING!!!  It was super expensive (luckily out rich Texas friend paid) and huge and delicious doce amor.  I love the US and its hamburgers!! That was really a special moment for me, Elder King and Elder Moore.

We slept in the temple hotel that night (Tuesday night) with 12 of us in the same little room which was nuts!! Then in the morning we all woke up early to head to the mission conference which was wayyy good! Then took a huge nice bus home (4 hour drive) and the movie Treasure Island was playing on the bus...which I didn’t watch....or maybe I did and it was really awesome, but hey it wasn’t my fault, my free agency was totally out the window! Anyway, we got back home and HEY where did the keys go to the apartment? Elder LeSueur, that’s right!  I left the keys at the temple in Recife....so we slept at the LZ´s and the next morning ran around to get new keys made which was a huge pain. The rest of the week we fought to get 5 baptisms which would have been awesome but in the end it was Fernanda and Geovana that were baptized, which was an amazing baptism.  I could go on and on and on and on about them and how hard we fought to get them in the water. Sooooo much working, crying, teaching, walking, planning, and spiritual strength was spent on them but in the end it all paid off.  I feel like I’ve fought harder against the powers of the devil with that family than I ever have on the mission. Great day Saturday!  Sunday they were confirmed and we also got a bunch of references which should be great to find this week. Sunday night we received a huge surprise from our LZ´s that Elder Moore was transferred!!! Suuuppper sad!  It was sooo great serving with him and he only has one more transfer until he dies, but all is well. He packed and we left without sleep to Recife at 2:00 in the morning. Just my luck there was no room on the bus, but we had to go to Recife so we stood the whooooollle way, which was terrible, but I’m alive. We went to transfers and now I’m with Elder Da Silva! 

I’ve got to go, sorry I can’t write more. Oh and we got a 2-story bus on the way home! How cool is that?

Love you all!!!! tchau tchau!!!

Elder LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment