Hey!!!
Thanks so much for the email and I’m glad you both had such a great week with conference. Conference was good for me but nor great because we were busy trying to run around and get investigators to come watch with us, which was hard because everyone goes to the stake center to watch conference, and NO ONE has cars, so everyone has to walk and it’s just a lot of work.
These last few days were pretty hot too. But, because of work and obedience we´ve been receiving a ton of blessings and managed to bring a bunch of people to watch General Conference. We had a baptism scheduled this week also but it didn’t work out because the mom didn’t want to have to bring her son all the way to the stake building.....which is a horrible excuse not to have your child baptized, but unfortunately we can’t force anyone to do anything so next week we´ll have his baptism (Wesley 9).
As for other things last week, it’s been great to work with Elder da Silva. I’ve already learned a ton with him and I feel like we´ve already had a ton of success in just one week. We´ve found a ton of string investigators and already marked most of their baptisms and weddings. The hardest part now is just getting them to church (which shows who is really interested or not). Like I said no one has cars, so waking to church is a big sign of faith for a lot of these people in the super hot sun here. This next week we should be baptizing a man named Erivaldo who hears voices...but they are good voices because they told him to stop smoking. We gave him a blessing too, so we are pretty sure the voices are all mental and have nothing to do with "the enemy". But as for that he is a normal great 35 year old man who will be baptized on the 14th... wooo! Also Mayra is way excited for her baptism on the 13th! She already has such a strong testimony and everyone thinks she is a member.
Really not a ton happened this last week. We taught a lot and waked even more, and sweat even more than the both. But a busy missionary is a happy missionary, and we have definitely been busy so I’m way thankful for that :) Also, a bunch of Americans elders just got here and one (Elder Montgomery from Las Vegas) knew McKay Weight in the MTC and showed me a picture they took together which was way cool to see! Also, he randomly knows Jase Warner from soccer camp or something... small world. Seeing Elder Montgomery reminds me of the hard first few months of the mission. Wow I’m glad I’m through that. Learning a language in a different country is the hardest thing I have ever done, BUT God is just and those who suffer in his name will receive his reward.... thank goodness ;)
Love you all and have a great week!!!!
Elder LeSueur
ps. I’m going to download the General conference to listen to it on my MP3.
pss. Love you Mom and Dad and miss you guys soooooo much!!!
NOTE- In a side note to his parents today Nate mentioned that he would have less time to email because he was called to be the district leader in the last transfer.
No comments:
Post a Comment