Monday, May 13, 2013

rita ready for baptism, eating ants & big burger 4-29-13

Hey!!!  How’s it going family!!!

First off, congrats to Shel and Brigham... a boy!!! Yay!! That’s so awesome! One more nephew that I’ll get to come home too!!! Also only 2 weeks until we get to talk again dang it went by so fast. I feel like we just talked, I guess we did, it’s only been 4 months, but yes I’m way excited to see my beautiful family!!! Speaking of beautiful, I love Allie´s senior pictures!!! So nice!!!

Anyways I’m glad to hear that everyone is so great at home. School is almost over and I’ll bet things are heating up pretty fast with the weather there, contrary to here where things are starting to get way cold. Every day this week has been really rainy and misty and cold. We live up on a mountain so we are living in a cloud this week and can’t see anything. | am soooo thankful for the rain coat we decided to buy at the last minute at home. I have started using it for the first time this last week and it has been a life saver. Our area, like I said sits on a big hill, so as we are walking up the hills, there are huge rivers of water coming down. We thought that doing a lot of contacts in the rain would make people open their doors to us and have some type of mercy...we were definitely wrong. How you can reject a nice little American missionary asking to come inside to get warm and leave a message about Jesus Cristo, I don’t know... no heart, no heart (haha). But we get over it and just do more contacts.

I am sorry to say that Cisso and Reseleide did not get baptized this last week, mainly because of the fact that Cisso had a rough childhood and killed when he was younger, so the repentance process for him is out of my hands and into the prophets. But this week we found a girl named Rita who is way cool and will be baptized on Sunday, so pray for her and her family please!
Oh and this week we had two elders go to Recife and pick up our letters and stuff. The box of church video (DVDs) came and I was so happy to get them. Thanks! They will be a huge help for the people here. Also, the Russian book of Mormon hasn’t come yet...I’m not sure why. Maybe the Brazilian government doesn’t like Russian things and stole it. I don’t know. I hope it gets here eventually.

Last week I don’t know if I already told you but we ate at a burger place called Big Burger that sells huge hamburgers. We ate there with an investigator named Romildo. Him and I ate a hamburger made for 4 people. Super good! We are going to go back to buy one that is big enough for 25 people. It’s the size of two tables! Also this week we ate a bunch of the weird ants called Tanajura. We fried them up and ate them with a weird power called Farinha. While it’s raining all the little kids run out side and stand by these huge ant hills. As the ants and aunt queens crawl out, they pick them up and throw them in bottle. As they pick them up the ants and ant queens bite them, so it’s funny because the little kids start jumping around so they won’t get bitten, grabbing them and throwing them in bottles to cook or sell. It’s weird because they actually taste really good. We took a few pics to show the people at home.

Other than that, this week was pretty hard doing a ton of contacts in the rain and trying to find people with potential to be baptized, but hard things are good.

Love you all and have a great week!!!

Com amor,

Elder LeSueur

PS-  Dad, you asked about how it is being the District leader. We have 5 areas in our district and it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. Just because we have to do a lot of divisions to help the other areas and every night I have to call each area to ask how there day was and help them out with problems, so getting to bed on time is almost impossible, but at the same time I love it. It’s good to know what’s going on with everyone. This week was actually kind of stressful because there are two elders in one area that don’t get along, one American and one Brazilian. A couple days ago I was trying to help them get a long and figure out a problem they were fighting about. I would talk to the American in English and then ask to talk to the Brazilian and of course in Portuguese. We did that a bunch of times so I was switching between talking to each (switching from English to Portuguese from English to Portuguese), it was kind of funny for the people nearby watching (haha).

Love you Dad and Mom and excited to see you both soon (skyping)!!! Any questions about anything??

Ants for dinner (1)    Ants for dinner (2)

                                                                       fried ants for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment