Hey Family!
I don’t have a ton of time to write but ill try to write about this week as fast as i can.
First of all we had 3 baptisms!!!! woohooo! We should have had 4 (the dad) but he will have to wait a little while because of some things we found out right before the baptism, but his two kids and their friend were baptized Sunday after church which was awesome! I could go on and on about the whole week and how the baptisms would fall through and then be scheduled again but that’s a story in and of its self. Also the Dad (Jose) and his wife were married on Friday at a government building that we helped out a ton with so that was way cool. Jose was the one that was also going to be baptized but we ran into a few serious problems the day of the baptism, but all is well. He has a strong testimony and will stay strong in the church until his baptism date arrives and we are happy for him.
Also this week has gotten wayyyy colder, maybe even too cold, ha. It’s finally starting to rain and be suuuper misty and cold so that’s making us a little happier :)
Oh and about the Boston bombing. Everyone here knew about it the day it happened and every time we talked to a member they would mention it and ask if my family lived nearby. I told them my sister lived in Boston but I was pretty sure Melanie was alright, not even knowing it was in her neighborhood that it happened! I’m so glad she is ok.
Let’s see, this week we did a ton of knocking doors and walking up giant giant, steep hills that are making my calves ripped. We had the pleasure of meeting a lot of mean people who hate the elders and a lot of crazy people who don’t understand any of the lessons. Our goal for this week is pretty simple... find normal people. We actually found a couple awesome families knocking doors also but they didn’t come to church, so that was pretty disappointing but we´ll talk to them more this week to see what the problem was.
We are also teaching a couple named Cisso and his wife Roseleide (Rosa Layge), Don’t laugh, I know they are strange names. They are way excited about the church and we have the baptism for them marked for the 28 after church :)
Well sorry I didn’t say too much this week because we are a little rushed with some type of voting thing Elder da Silva has to do. Oh and also there is a weird type of ant that is the size of my thumb that people eat here. Today we´re going to go catch a few and fry them.....Elder da Silva assures me that it tastes good...we´ll see. I’ll let you know -Içá (this is the name of the bug/ant).
Well I love you all, happy birthday to Brig, Mckenna, and TJ!!!! Have a great week!!!!!
With love,
Elder LeSueur
Baptism of Jose’s 2 children and their friend
No comments:
Post a Comment