Monday, August 26, 2013

“wake up and do something more” (8-12-13)

Dear Family,

Thanks for the email Dad and the pictures. That’s crazy that the one picture with Elder King’s family already has gotten to you guys!  This week was a great week because of the baptisms of Ciçera (cisera) and the visit of the American family! Sister Cicera we have working with for a few weeks now, but she really had always been prepared and ready, the only thing was that she had fear of sinning after being baptized and then being condemned because she had been baptized, if that makes sense. We finally helped her through a lot of things and she was baptized on Saturday and received the Holy Ghost at the same time as her granddaughter the next day at church. It was great and we were so happy seeing the light in her countenance after the baptism and the confirmation.

Also on Saturday Elder King (my old LZ, who´s place I took here in Boa Vista Garanhuns) and his family came to visit Garanhuns. He finished his mission a couple weeks ago and his family came to pick him up! It was the craziest thing! It felt so weird talking to an American family. I talk weird and don’t express myself very well in English anymore. I was trying so hard to be normal but it wasn’t working! They went to eat at a member’s house and we went to help translate and see Elder King (now Nathan King). I couldn’t stop smiling talking to them. It felt like I was talking to my family from the US. They came to the baptism Sunday and then to church the next day. We ate lunch with them at a member’s house after church. It was super funny translating back and forth as the Brazilians talked with Elder King’s family. I started to feel a little trunky, but it’s over now. I know my time will come but it was awesome talking to them. It was super weird but awesome. Mom and Dad have got to come pick me up. That would be the best!

Other than the exciting stuff at the end of the week, the week was pretty normal. We have been teaching a guy named Delmario who is way awesome and believes everything that we say and prays to know if it’s all true and he receives answers through peaceful feelings. We are way excited about him also because he has a family (wife and two daughters) that we haven’t been able to talk to yet but I think they will follow whatever the dad does.

Last night we were really feeling strong and re-nourished spiritually after church and went to a family of people that are pretty lazy and haven’t been going to church or doing anything that has to do with God. The family is huge, like 10 people. We went there and gave the classic prophet speech, repent or burn! It was nicer than that but we really did get them fired up and they are all now really excited to go to church Sunday and do a family home evening this week with us. Half of this family is baptized and the rest are not. When the church hymn says: WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING MORE, it really is inspiring...love it. We then went to another family that’s being lazy and gave the same prophetic message that I believe also woke them up too.

All in all I love this powerful profound work that enters into your bones and brings fire to your eyes, and makes you want to DO SOMETHING MORE!! And like a talk says that Breck had sent me, "being with Joseph Smith made the men feel as if they could stride the planets!" Power is the spirit, and the spirit is with us, so don’t let the spirit leave you.

I love you all and have a great week!!!
Elder Nate LeSueur

Rita Cavalcanti baptism Elder Nathan King and his family

No comments:

Post a Comment