Dear Family & Friends,
Wow, I totally knew that Allie would be getting proposed too but for some reason it hit me right now as I read the family email and saw the pictures you sent. I couldn't hold back the tears thinking about my little sis. I am super happy for her! We had to give the lesson to the young men and women in the ward yesterday about......marriage yeah, who's better than the elders to talk to the young people in the church about marriage? I guess being companions is kind of like being married, a lot of ups and downs, sometimes we have to work hard to get a long and other times we really getting along well. By the way, we try to avoid the word companion here because it means gay. Anyway, I'm super happy for Allie. The longer I'm on the mission, the more I understand and appreciate marriage, family, and the principles of the gospel that the family has to be built upon. I am so happy that Allie found an awesome guy who will be patient with her, love her, and get along with her, even when there will be times when it looks like they wont make it. Breck sent me an awesome talk by President Hinckley about love and eternal families where he explains the importance of eternal happiness that can only come from a loving family. Also, I am super grateful that she will be waiting for me to get home before they get married! That makes me feel very good. Thanks Allie & Austin! I tell everyone here that my sister is waiting for me to get home before she gets married and they all call me a jerk, which may be true but luckily Austin is patient and Allie is just great sis :) Seriously, thanks so much, I really appreciate it Al and Austin….. you guys are the best :) Oh and I showed my comp the picture of the ring and he almost fainted. Only rich people from São Paulo (the New York City of Brazil) have rings like that ;)
Also, I'm super impressed by Mel! That's so crazy she is so strong! She'll have to teach me how to work out when I get home. I work out here each morning but I think on a diet of cuscus and oatmeal, I wont be gaining to much muscle. Usually we don't even eat breakfast or dinner, which makes fasting easy ;)
This week was interesting because Tuesday I went way out to Arco Verde (a city around 2 hours more into the interior) to do a division with my good bud Elder Hatch from Layton, Utah. He's super cool and we had a blast as two Americans knocking doors and teaching people about the restored gospel in a little town in the interior of Pernambuco. But, in the middle of the division Wednesday morning, we got a call form the APs that my comp and I had to be in Recife the next morning. I rode back to Garanhuns Wednesday afternoon. We had a ward missionary activity with a few investigators that evening and woke up the next morning at 4 to catch a car to Recife. We called a guy who normally goes to Recife and he had a friend that was going already so he picked us up at 4 and we got to the LZ conference at 9, right on time. It was way cool seeing all my good old elder buds who are all old and going home soon. Elder L. Ribeiro (my last comp) goes home in 2 weeks! Crazy stuff!
The rest of the week, we did the normal thing. We had a miracle baptism scheduled this week of a boy named Allison...yeah Allison here its a guys name. But unfortunately his mom who doesn't have a future doesn't want her son to have a future either and wouldn't let him be baptized. But Sunday was super awesome because a kid named Romildo came to church and has a goal to be baptized this Saturday or Sunday. I met him in February when I was in the area Barão de Nazaré. We have kept in contact ever since and he has received an answer about the Book of Mormon and knows that the church is true. He's 18 and super smart and is that kind of guy that could be a great elder someday and priesthood holder in the church and his family. Also a kid who is 17 named Dione came to church and really enjoyed it. He also wants to be baptized so we're helping him prepare for this Sunday :)
Sorry to sew everything up so fast but that was basically my week, removing the normal problems and ups and downs that happen on a regular basis.
All in all, I love you all and miss you all so much. Families are eternal!
With love,
Elder LeSueur,
PS- When the truth is spoken the spirit testifies and with an open heart it can not be denied. We taught a family this week about eternal families, the spirit was so strong and it was hard not to cry thinking about my eternal family that I have at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment