Monday, July 9, 2012

finally moved into new apartment 7-9-12

Hey! So this week had a lot of ups and downs. Finally this week we moved! I love love love our new apartment. It's huge and I have my own big desk and there are only two of us. We are super lucky!

 1st Area - Jardim America (209)             1st Area - Jardim America (210)

Nate in his new apartment in JD America Brazil and hugging his most cherished furniture in his new apartment – his desk!

As for me and my companion, if I didn't know the lessons two weeks ago when I was with by Elder Saci, I know them now with Elder Vargas, we've been doing a lot of contacting and a ton of teaching but unfortunately the people in our area aren't being as responsive as we would like. But this week we are putting together an English class and going to start doing a lot of new things to find less actives and get people to church. We've got one family right now that seems like they have a lot of potential, and an elderly man about 80 years old that is super smart and used to be a priest in the Catholic Church. He attends church more regular than the members and believes that the Church is true and the Book of Mormon was written by prophets. He didn't pass the interview awhile back with other missionaries because he doesn't have a real testimony of the church. He just knows its church because it's the only one with prophets, apostles and a lot of other things that the Church of Jesus Christ needs. One year he read 2000 books! So he is smart and knows his stuff. We are hoping to teach him and try the interview again with him this week and get him baptized.

This week with Elder Vargas I've done most of the talking and teaching. When I say something weird, my companion translates. It's a great system we've got going and we feel lucky to be in such a hard situation with our area and our situation, both of us being so new. We are learning together, which I think is pretty cool.

One crazy thing that happened awhile back was we were in a crowed bus driving home from the city center, and the guy in front of me was talking on his phone next to the window and the bus stopped. All of a sudden I heard a bang and a kid on his bike hit the side of the bus! The guy on the phone was super angry and started climbing over people to get out but the bus already started moving, I was super confused until I found out that the kid on the bike stole the guys phone through the window and rode off. Is that normal? Wow, crazy world!

This week I was kind of sick for a couple of days and up all night in the bathroom and getting bit by mosquitoes because we were sleeping on the ground, because everything was packed up to move for the next day.

I can't believe Rochelle Grimes is married. Oh my! Crazy stuff! This week I got the package from Mom and Dad and the two ties from the elders. My DL saw my tie and said, "this is an ugly tie." I told him that in Arizona that would be a compliment to a tie. So tell the elders thanks so much. I loooove the ties! Well, I don't have too much to say other than this and that our area continues to be a black hole for baptisms but this will change!

One more depressing but funny story, which actually really isn't funny. So we've been teaching a way good family that we almost had a baptism date with. But they were having problems coming to church. Finally, yesterday they went to church…..at the Assembleia de Deus (Assembly of God) church. Whoops! I guess we should have been a little more specific about which church they need to be attending. I didn't even know what to say because he was all happy when he told us. Ha ha. Oh dear!

Well I love you all. Have a great week! And if you ever get down or sad, stop thinking about yourself and serve somebody else!

Com Amor,
Elder LeSueur

No comments:

Post a Comment