Monday, June 25, 2012

first week of being a trainer 6-25-12

1st Area - Jardim America (203) 1st Area - Jardim America (198)  

      Nate with his “son” Elder Vargas (from Brazil)                       Nate with Sister Lanius (wife of his mission president)

This last week I have definitely learned a ton, how to talk to anyone and make any type of contact and talk about church, but of curse its still a little hard to understand some things people are saying. My son Elder Vargas is doing great! He's learning the lessons way fast, but is still pretty shy and its hard for him to bater portas (knock doors). So I do most of the talking when it comes to that, and if I say something stupid or forget how to say something he helps me out. So it's nice to have one person with a little experience and one person and that speaks the language. I was super nervous last week but everything ended up being a lot better and going a lot smoother than I thought it would. It's just kind of weird being at the head of everything and making most all the decisions and teaching my companion things that I didn't even realize I knew well even to teach. These next three months will just be a completely different experience. If I have any word of advice to someone going on a mission soon, it is don't get comfortable or relaxed with anything because as soon as you do that, everything changes. Once you learn to jump over the wall, there's a giant river, now figure out how to get across it. A mission is crazy stuff.

Unfortunately my area is still dry of baptisms. Saturday we contacted all afternoon and set up a bunch of appointments for Sunday with people, and it turned out that every single one fell through. Right now in JD America we are doing a lot of walking and finding because we know there are people out there ready for us, we just need to find them. Find, teach and baptized. That is what we do. We found a guy Saturday that yelled "hey I know Mormon, he's the father of Moroni!" It was kind of weird because he was drunk! We talked to him for a bit and it turns out that he tried to get baptized a long time ago but couldn't because when he was younger he killed an innocent person for no apparent reason. He kept getting all close to my face when he talked to me and I'd back up, then he would get close again practically yelling. I said Oi Edimilson we cant come back and talk to you when your drunk, so stop drinking and we'll return to talk a little more about the church. I had to say it kind of harsh because he kept following us around to people's houses. He said ok and that he would stop drinking coffee too and coke (haha). So as you can tell work is continually hard here, but I know soon God will lead us to those who are ready, we just need to search harder and talk to everyone, and invite everyone to be baptized.

I finally got to talk to talk to Elder Mullenaux on the phone because he was with my DL at the mission office, he sounds like he is doing great! Now he has got a great companion so I'm way happy for him. We should be moving out of our house this week (yay)!

Well work is hard but its getting done.
Hurrah for Israel!
Com amor,
Elder LeSueur

President Rubens and Tania Lanius (Recife Mission President)

                                                              Rubens & Tania Lanius (Nate’s mission president and his wife)

1st Area - Jardim America (200)

No comments:

Post a Comment