Dear Family,
Yes, Romildo emailed me. Luckily I can email recent converts, as long as they are men. Woman, I can’t write. Like Mayra, I´ll have to wait to ask how she´s doing way over in Garanhuns.
That’s crazy about Allie and Austin’s car accident. I’m glad they are alright and no serious damage was done. It’s good that Austin´s got a chiropractor as a father in law ;) Here in Brazil chiropractic doesn’t exist. There is no such thing as a back doctor. weird, its makes it kind of weird to explain what my dad does for work. That’s nice though that you all got to go to Heber and enjoy the cool weather that is there now. We NEED to go to Heber soon after I get home. I’m bringing home a couple new hammocks ;) And also Allie and Austin got their engagement pictures done. They turned out super nice!
Oh and thanks soooo much for the 2 boxes for my birthday and Christmas. They got here! I won’t open them until my birthday though, just to make my birthday a little more special :) But thanks so much. You guys are the best! This last week we went to the mission office to talk to president and my boxes were there. 2 huge boxes. I got so happy! Thanks!
The week was pretty normal. Things aren’t going as smooth and sweet as I would like them to go and these last few weeks it has already been confirmed will be the most difficult mentally mostly, because of the area, district, companion, and seeing the end so near. Just when you think you know what’s up on the mission and that you know everything, is when the curve ball is thrown at you and everything changes, So many emotions that are hard to explain. But I’m doing best to be positive and do my best until the end.
The 3 boys are officially off the teaching group list and we´re trying to find new people to teach. We had a few people that seemed super interested and said they would go to church, but when the day came they flaked out. Fortunately, Anderson and Jessica and their daughter Jasmine came to church and are still going strong. They are going to try to get married by the end of November (transfers are on the 2nd of Dec.) so they can be sure that we will both be there at the their wedding and baptism. Here the weddings are 1 of 2 ways. 1.) A big ceremony like you see in the movies. Or 2.) In an office with a bunch of other couples and a judge that talks and then calls out the name of each couple and asks them if "they do." I’ll have to explain better when I get home.
Sunday night we helped a member family put up there Christmas tree and then ate Japanese food with them. It’s the family that will be in Mesa in February for their daughters wedding/sealing. Not too much new.
Love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Elder LeSueur
PS- Hey Mom and Dad, just for you guys to know (not to be put on the blog). My companion had been passing through some difficulties and really wanted to go home, so we went to the mission office on Wednesday to talk to President Lanius, and there was a huge fight between the president and my companion. I just kind of sat there until President told me to leave the room. It was super heated and my comp threw his name tag on President desk saying that he wanted to home. It seemed like it was mostly President’s fault because my comp just went there to get help and President ended up making a bunch of problems that didn’t exist and arguing with him....but in the end he called me back to the room and I don’t know if President had a revelation or something, but he was all of a sudden really happy and said sorry to my companion and said that he was a good missionary and said that if he really wanted to go home he could, but that he should stay because the mission needs him (he had 24 hours to decide if he wanted to stay or go). He decided to stay and is a lot more positive and happy to be here. I’m not sure what happened, but things are a lot better, these last 3 weeks have been rough. Also, President told him when I wasn’t there that I am a great missionary on the mission and he put me with him because he knows that my comp has great potential and I am ending my mission so he can learn from me. That made me feel kind of good to know that I’m doing something right.
Love you Dad. Love you Mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment