Dear Family,
Glad Bowen's baby blessing went great and Thanksgiving. I won't even talk about my Thanksgiving because nothing happened since they don't have that holiday here and we got home to late and tired that day to make the pumpkin cake.
I have been transferred and I am with a blessed American now and so the Thanksgiving deserts you sent will get made!!! :) I shared a bunch of my birthday food with the Brazilians and they loved it all. Here they have the image that America is full of fat people. After they ate my food they said that they understand why now :) Great-- it's a good thing I'm here to represent the skinny people of America. Everyone here says that I look like Tom Cruise. There was a member lady in my last area who said that she always loved Tom Cruise but he had a flaw...he wasn't blond...(to these people I'm blond) haha. The problem with looking like Tom Cruise is that everyone points out all my facial defects and what could be changed for me to look more like Tom Cruise. It's great to be Tom Cruise's little ugly brother (haha). I'm getting pretty thin, but its alright because here in 5 weeks I've got plenty of woman in the family who love to bake ;)
This last week was one of the less pleasing weeks. All I can really say is that I'm in a new area with an American companion. Because of the 5-week release date I won't be here for the entire six weeks before the next transfer, so I was transferred to the center of Recife (kind of the center). I'm super close to the temple which is way cool and this year the mission might get together and sing at the temple lights which would be super sick! I hope it happens! Also, I'll be able to go through the temple one last time before I go home……..go home!!? Crazy I know I'm getting kind of trunky, but I've got a good comp (elder Ben Nerdin from Orem, Utah) who likes to work so it will be easy to keep working hard until the end :)
I am just a little sad to have left my last area because of Anderson (Anderson is his first name Dad, I don't know his last name) and his family who will be married this month and baptized. Also a lady named Neçi who went to church last Sunday and will also be baptized soon. But I'm happy here in area Casa Forte and the zone Casa Amarela and looking forward to finishing out strong this last little while. Hurrah for Israel!!!
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment