Hey Family!
The holiday season it quickly coming, but it doesn’t feel like it, and I don’t know why. Tomorrow we´ll have the Mission Christmas Conference so maybe that will help. Also the ward is putting together a super big Christmas party at the church which is supposed to be way awesome so that will be a good boost for the ward and hopefully put me more in the holiday spirit.
Overall this week was super great, mainly because I’m with a great companion here in this new area, I’m happy here and it’s cool being with an American because we´ve got a lot in common. He likes reading and has an idea for a book so he is able to go on for hours just talking about book plots and ideas he has. Fun stuff. Sometimes it feels like I’m talking to Breck when we get talking.
During the week we mostly did contacting because when I got here there wasn’t much of a teaching group. The last elder here didn’t like to do contacts, which I don’t get because if you don’t do contacting I don’t know how you’re going to find anyone to teach. Unfortunately, the members normally don’t give too many references. Anyway, we found a bunch of awesome people doing contacts. One is named Wagner (vagner) and he seems way cool. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he wants to believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet but wants to pray and really know for himself. He prayed and that night at 1:30 AM he got a phone call from a really weird huge number. He got all excited and told us...I think he thought that was his answer...I didn’t want to say if it was or wasn’t... it was kind of weird and a little funny, but we stayed serious with him and explained to him that the Holy Ghost gives us answers of truth through our heart and the feelings we receive. We told him to keep reading and praying. Unfortunately he couldn’t go to church yesterday and we´ll go back this week to teach him again. We found a few others who seemed interested but weren’t able to go to church this week (its hard because you can find the most elect person ever, but if they don’t go to church...they can’t progress).
We did English class on Saturday. It was funny because we got there and we had a bunch of people that came that didn’t know the church but came because they saw the sign in front that we made, and even with 4 other Americans there they gave me the chalk and told me to start teaching. I didn’t know I was going to teach and didn’t plan anything, but I had to look professional and like I knew what I was doing. In the end everybody loved it and said they´d come back, Whoo! Also, one of the guys that came is a non-member who is working on the temple. His name is Leandro and came to church yesterday and liked it a lot. He is super worried about the bible being translated wrong and corrupted by the Catholic Church, So his plan is to learn English, then with English learn Hebrew to study the original books that make the bible... I explained a few things to him and we set up to meet at the temple and teach him a few things in the garden. It will be super cool. I’m stoked to be able to teach at the temple. He also likes to read a lot so we´ll buy him a few of the materials at the temple for him.
Anyway, it was a great week and hopefully this next will be even better. Can’t wait to talk to ya all on Christmas!!! Or on the 8th (woot woot!).
Love you all!!!
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment