Dear Family & Friends!
Mom and Dad thanks so much for the wonderful letters, I love reading what you have to say. I hope Dad that you get back to work quickly and all will be normal for you soon. What an adventure you´ve gone through. Also, that’s funny that Austin is working with Dad. That will be fun. Mom is still working there on Wednesday, right? Also, that’s cool to here that Dallin is going to Chili (isn’t that where David Archuleta is?) and It’s good to see Shea Sullivan in the MTC photo that you sent. She looks so great! And it’s good to hear that Sierra finally married Chad. They have been planning on getting married since I was a freshman in high school (ha-ha). Glad to here all is well in the good old Arizona :)
This week was great! Especially all that happened with Jr. and Adriana. Monday morning we went to a nearby city called Bom Conselho (good council), to start their marriage papers because the elders there have connections and it's cheaper and faster, Yay for Elders knowing everyone! Anyway, we went there Monday morning early and the lady doing the paper work said that they would be able to get married on Thursday! Usually it takes around 2 weeks. We all got super excited because they wanted to be baptized as soon as they got married, which meant that they would be married Thursday and baptized Saturday and in one year be SEALED. I love this church! Everything went perfect and the Lord has blessed us and their family a ton. Their family has made a complete turn in life and they are super excited to stay firm in the church. I had the privilege to baptize Jr. and Elder Moore Adriana. Then Sunday they and their daughter (who was baptized in January) were all confirmed during sacrament meeting. Also they aren’t very well off, so Thursday at night the ward had a surprise wedding party for them and we all ate cake and had a blast. Overall the experiences I have had with them are easily one of the best on my whole mission. After the baptism I felt the spirit so strong confirming the truthfulness of this great work to me personally. Hurrah for Israel!
The same day of their baptism, I found out that Flavio Animal, way over in Sao Jose da Coroa Grande (my last area) was baptized! The elders there called me to let me know. He was baptized in his karate uniform! It’s also exciting because the branch there is needing men and Animal will be a huge help there with the leadership.
Oh and before I forget, we had interviews with our mission president on Thursday and it looks like ill be staying here until the end of May or longer. I’m pretty sure I’ll be killing Elder Moore here and stay another transfer after. Elder Moore goes home in May (but this is all just missionary rumors, so I’m not sure how long we´ll be here).
This week we met an interesting man named Christiano who talked to us on the street and then took us to his house (he was a little drunk so we weren’t sure if we should follow him or not, but we did). He showed us his house and everything inside was turned over and broken. Turned out a couple weeks back his wife went crazy and destroyed the house and then took all of his stuff out into the back yard and burned it all. So now his wife is at the funny farm for 6 months and his kids were taken from him. We told him everything would be fine and we would come back on Friday to help him clean everything up. But when we came back his uncle (crazy) who lives across the street said that Christiano fell somewhere and is in the hospital. So we´ll go back this week and see what the deal is with him.
We also have been getting a bunch of references from members which have been way nice. We are teaching a lady named Fernanda who has a ton of depression but since we have been visiting her and members have been helping her she has been way better and will be baptized on the 23. We set that date for her and have faith she will prepared by then. It’s crazy how much better the fullness of the Gospel works than prescribed medicine. Literally. It’s also been getting a lot colder here and rainy which is nice. I need to enjoy the good weather here before I’m shipped back off to Recife.
Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week! Until next Monday!
Elder LeSueur
Elder Moore, Adriana, Jr. and Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment