Dear Family & Friends,
Yes, its definitely hotter here in my new area and it rains a ton! The 2 seasons here close to Recife are-- hot, or rainy and hot. So either way we're always hot. I'm already loving our area and I don't know why because there isn't really any reason to really love this area. I think I'm just excited to be somewhere new and find people here. It's always a different experience with a new comp, a new area, a new zone, new members, new church building, new house. Right now we are living in a REALLY sketchy area with 4 elders--- me, my comp Elder Schmutz from Virginia (whose family just moved to Nebraska), Elder Sabino from São Paulo, and my good ol bud Elder Rodrigues who is a LD (district leader or leader of district) right now and was in my zone back in Garanhuns for about 4 months. He is tall and black and super cool.
Also one of the elders in our zone is training an elder who just got here from Mesa!!! His name is Elder Green. I think he was in California for the last little while. He went to Desert Ridge High School and he doesn't know any LeSueurs.
This last week was super crazy and busy. We worked super hard doing contacts just about all day each day, chasing people around the streets trying to teach them. We had a baptism all ready set named Yrne, who my companion had already been teaching. Unfortunately, the day of his baptism (Sunday) he backed out and said he wanted to read the whole Book of Mormon to be sure it was true. He was extremely insistent on his waiting to be baptized. We were super incredibly bummed, but we aren’t down or sad, we just need to find the right people. General authorities have made the promise that in every area there are at least 5 people searching for Gopsel. The problem is that we don’t know where they are or what time they are at home and the only one that can lead us there is the spirit. So each time a door gets slammed in our faces or someone on the street out runs us, Elder Schmutz and I look at each other and say "well Elder, that’s definitely not the one God wants us to talk to” and we find someone else to talk to.
I’m getting kind of scared knowing that my mission is slowly coming to an end and I want to end with fire! Unlike most of the guys here, Elder Schmutz, myself and our LD Elder Rodrigues are going to do all we can to completely change this zone because it wasn’t doing very well when we got here.
What else?....Not too much to say because there is too much to say! It’s crazy how many experiences you have in just one day, and especially in a week. Today we played volleyball with the guys which was cool. This week we will have a mission conference and I’m really hoping I’ll see Elder Weight, but I’m pretty sure his zone is going the day before mine.
This last week we talked to a ton of people and no one really wanted anything. It was weird. There were a few people interested but for the most part no one wanted anything. We literally talked to so many people....but I know because of the effort we are putting in and the fact the Lord wants His children to hear the Gospel, the blessings will come.
On the mission you realize how you have to do about 200 contacts without success and then out of nowhere, someone will contact you who is open and sincere and really wants the truth.
Man it’s crazy that Allie is getting married!!! But so cool at the same time.
I’m inviting all my Brazilian buds to visit the USA and stay at the house with me because I´ll be such a loner without a house full of kids in the house with me. I’m glad Melanie will be there. So Mom and Dad, if I show up with a group of Brazilians, don’t be surprised when they come to sleep over!
Love you all!!!
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment