Monday, October 28, 2013

caio, kelvin, anderson, luciana—exciting! (10-28-13)

Dear Family,
     This week was kind of crazy getting to know the area and everything. We did a bunch of contacts and I got to know the investigators that were already being taught. They´ve got football (soccer) going on here at the church every Wednesday, so we´ve got a couple boys that are wanting to get baptized this Sunday. Their names are Caio (Kyle 15) and Kelvin (12) they are awesome and went to church Sunday. We´ll be visiting them every day to make sure the baptism happens.
     We also found this guy named Anderson who looks like a rich politician model. He´s got it all-- family, car, home, work, school. But when we got there he let us in, and I thought it would just be another restoration lesson. But then I felt like we should teach about the priesthood and eternal families so we tied eternal families into the restoration, and by the end of the first vision he was crying. He said that he had been praying that morning to thank God for his family and then asked for some way to be able to follow the Lord. Then we showed up, knocking on a street that we really hadn’t had any luck with and didn’t feel like knocking, but how glad I am that we were led there. He loved the message we left and even had something scheduled already for Sunday morning but said that he had to go to church. He went to church yesterday and loved it, after church he took pictures with us and told us that we are the missionaries that found him and brought him from darkness into light. Then he asked what we call people who are a part of the church. We told him "members of the church, or latter day saints," he said, them now I’m a member of the church of Jesus...." haha. We told him that to be a member, he needs to be baptized first. He said, then I’ll be baptized! It was awesome! I wanted to cry. We´ll teach him everything this week and get him in the water asap :) I’ll send a picture of him. This ward is needing him and other men very badly. They´ve got a huge beautiful building here but no priesthood to run it....sad sad.
     I found out that in São José (my area a year ago) the branch I was in had gotten way bigger and now there are 6 missionaries there instead of just 2 and they´re baptizing a ton, hurrah.
     Also, funny story.... Luciana who we were teaching back in Garahuns was baptized a week after I left and we had been teaching her for forever. The week before I left that area she had a dream that she was looking for me at her baptism and I wasn’t there, but there was a different elder in the water. Sure enough I left and an elder that got to the same zone (different area) did a division with my old comp and when she saw this new elder that had never met her, she said that´s the elder that was in the water! So some random elder from a different area baptized her because she saw him in here dream! The people here have lots of visions about everything but really cool story!
     Love you all and hope you all have a great week!!!
     Elder LeSueur

 IMG_0806                 SAM_4949

Elder Alexander, Anderson, Elder LeSueur                                                                21 month shoes

SAM_4972

                           Elder McKay Weight, Elder LeSueur, Elder Schmutz

 

                 IMG_0824 

Family in ward – girl in yellow being sealed in Mesa Temple Feb 1st to Arizonian

 

  SAM_5032SAM_5012

                                                                                                        Alexander & LeSueur

SAM_4977

                              Cool Brazilian sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment