Thursday, October 17, 2013

romildo’s baptism and transferred (9-9-13)

Dear Family,

Thanks for the great email. Yes this last week was one of the best weeks of my mission because of Romildo's baptism. I contacted him in February and gave him as a reference to the LZs in our zone, but they never went to visit him...so in June when I was transferred to that same area that he lived in, me Elder Ribeiro and I started teaching him and after almost 5 months he was baptized last Saturday. That decision will bring so much happiness into his life! The next day (yesterday), last night I got the notice that I would be transferred and then the whole last 9 months in Garanhuns flashed before my eyes. I have loved being here! A bunch of the members in my last area and Boa Vista area had a little surprise going away thing for me. I cried a bunch last night knowing I had to leave my family in Garanhuns and everyone I learned to love soooo much. It was super sad but I was glad that at least I got to say goodbye to most everyone that I was really close to. As a missionary you learn to love a lot of people but I think sometimes we forget that those same people accumulate that same love for us. Each of the members and recent converts took turns saying nice things about me, and I was touched hearing how while each of them had an important part in changing my life I had also touched theirs. Going to bed was hard last night thinking about everyone I had to leave in Garanhuns. I packed my bags until 2 am and then slept for an hour until 3. We managed to get a car to pick us up with our bags at our house at 4 to get to Recife by 9 am. There I met a few of my elder buds that I hadn't seen for 6 months (Elder Erickson- my comp from the CTM and others).

Right now I am in a zone called- Joabatão das Guararapes. The area is called Massarandubas. I am still serving as an LZ but now with Elder Schmutz, an American from Virginia. As sad as I am to leave Garanhuns, I am way excited to be here where God has chosen me to serve, probably for these last 4 months of my full-time mish.

I'm going to stop here because this keyboard is kind of broken and driving me crazy.
But…. I love you all!!!! Have a great week!

Elder LeSueur
PS- I'll write more next week. I'm about to fall asleep and am stressed with this keyboard.

Romildo & NateSAM_1061  Romildo Baptism! SAM_1060

No comments:

Post a Comment