Dear Family,
Thanks for the email Mom. It's good to hear all is well at home.
This last week for us was one the most stressful weeks of my mission or at least the last 3 days were. Everything was great and we had the 4 young men ready to be baptized on Sunday and also Wiliana on Saturday. To make a long story short, Wiliana was baptized without any problems on Saturday and it was great and super spiritual, BUT the 4 young men that were all ready for Sunday ended up pretty bad. We did a division on Saturday and I wasn't in the area. My companion and the LD in our zone went to see how the 4 young men were they found out that a 15-year-old pastor had been talking to them and preaching to them. They live on the same rode as him and even though he is 15 years old he thinks he knows everything and can teach everyone about the bible and God because he has a little preacher's card from some random church. He said a bunch of bad stuff about our church and took them to his church all night so that the next day on Sunday they would be too tired to go to our church and not be able to be baptized (this 15 year old is smart). I'm leaving out a lot of details, but basically I got super upset and Sunday when I had a chance to talk to them, I gave this big speech to them all that was crazy cool and powerful. But Satan had the upper hand because we found out that even if we go back there to try to get them ready to be baptized for another day, the pastor kid has decided to live there with them for awhile to help them be reborn. They even showed us strange videos of them up all night being preached to by this kid. He was ripping the Mary and Catholic Saint pictures off their walls. It's all a very weird situation. Unfortunately, we cant live there with them to help them get through this. So we'll be going back but we don't know how we are going to get the pastor kid out of the situation yet. I feel like I'm at war. Anyone can try to mess with me...but as soon as they mess with the people we are preparing to be baptized is when the battle really starts.
Anyway, it's still a touchy subject and I'm still a little upset. BUT, the night ended great yesterday with a lesson with Daniel who is the perfect investigator. He will be baptized Sunday morning and we made sure to warn him about Satan and all he will do this next week to try to keep his baptism from happening. If 15 year old preachers show up at the door, DONT LET THEM IN!
Our house finally got energy a couple days ago. Gloria and hallelujah! I almost ran over and kissed the electrician guys who came to turn the energy on for us. And the guy in our mission that takes care of the house with come over today to bring the beds and table and stuff. We've got mattresses but they're just on the floor.
Other than that stuff the mission is about the same. We are always looking for new people and of course teaching the ones who let us in. The mission is great, but I must admit, I was thinking this week how much I miss Taco Bell and some good Mexican food.
Love you all!!!
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment