Tuesday, October 22, 2013

transferred to paulista, sad news about daniel (10-22-13)

Dear Family,

Thanks for the updates and pictures! Shelby and Brig had baby Bowen!!!! How awesome!!! Funny because McKay and I were at the transfers yesterday and talked forever. It sounds like he´s not getting too many updates and didn’t know that his nephew was due this week. Man, McKay is so awesome. He was just made an LD. I thought I’d be going to his zone but turned out I went somewhere else called Paulista. Anyways, it was super good to talk to him and see that our nephew was born this last week.

This last week was super depressing, mainly because our super awesome baptism named Daniel didn’t work out. Everything was ready, we did the interview the night before and he had chosen me to baptize him. 10 minutes after we left the interview he sent us a message saying that it wasn’t going to work out. You know that feeling when you worked super hard for something or spend a year working up to buy something and then it breaks or all just goes completely wrong. We ran back to see what happened in the last 10 minutes to have changed his mind. Turned out that his mom found out that night that he was getting baptized and was super offended that he didn’t let her know and on top of that didn’t think he was ready (too early) he´s 22. We talked to him for a long time and I won’t say everything just because it’s kind of personal, but in the end it fell through. Just like all the rest that whole last transfer had, the day of or the day before. One of the hardest parts about a mission is learning to love people and in the end have them disappear or be tricked into thinking that you´re really their enemy rather than friend. He said he´d come to church the next day still and then didn’t come. We went to his house and it looked like no one was there.

Also, I was transferred! As for the good parts of the week, there’s David who we almost stopped teaching but then randomly on Friday he showed interest to be baptized and will be baptized this next week. And Saulo who went to church for the 2nd time and loves the church and wants to stop drinking and smoking to be baptized. He said that his last baptism was done by a drunk guy.....when he told me that he said that he didn’t think it was right to be baptized by a drunk guy, I said AND THAT’S WHY WE´RE HERE!!! So he´ll be ready here this week or the next to be baptized. There is also a couple of others that also are ready for the next couple of weeks to be baptized but I was transferred on Sunday! Crazy and super unexpected.

Now I’m with a Brazilian named Elder Alexandre and he is way cool in a place called Paulista. Sounds like the zone/district here has been super down and things just haven’t been good and a few problems with companions here, So I’m here as LD and super excited to help get things up and going again. I met up with my good bud Elder Erickson and we talked about our last 2 transfers here on the mish. We´re excited to give it our all these last few weeks, and I’m in a great position right now with a great comp who likes to work. A huge area with people to teach, and......what’s left of my shirts, pants, shoes, and Bible to use up.

This last transfer was super hard emotionally, but I got through it. We´ll see what’s happens this next one. 

Happy birthday TYE!!! Congrats on the baby Shel and Brig!!! I’ll never forget the day when Shelby told me and all the girls in the family that she was pregnant with Maddix. We were in the kitchen. I was probably sitting there eating cereal and Shel said that she had something to tell the family. She said she was pregnant “wow awesome” was all I thought. But as for the girls in the family, everyone stopped and paused for like 5 seconds and then just started bawling. It kind of scared me. I didn’t know why everyone was crying.... because they didn’t look happy! I don’t know if they didn’t think she was ready or what but it turned out they were just excited..... and now there’s a 2nd! Haha....good times!

With love,

Elder LeSueur

PS- My zone is called Paulista and so is my area.

PS- Crazy about my flight stuff.... 24 hour flight!!!?? I think I might just stay in Brazil!! Haha. But on the way home I know I’ll be hungry coming from the airport so it would be super cool if we could stop by Taco Bell. I don’t know why, but I’m having Taco Bell withdrawals.

No comments:

Post a Comment