Monday, July 15, 2013

raquel baptized 7-15-13

Dear Family,

1st off!! I heard the US has been spying on Brazil and listening to all of their phone conversations and everything. People here are pretty ticked off. It's funny though because I thought we already knew that the US Government was spying on everyone, and if you've got the technology to know what's going on in every other country, who wouldn't take advantage. Funny, but I calmed the people here down letting them know they can sleep comfortably knowing that the next world war Brazil will be safe on the side of the US- go America! I got a letter from someone in the US and it's funny how all the US stamps have one of 3 words- FREEDOM-LIBERTY-JUSTICE…way cool!

Love the pictures of everyone at the lake. I thought everyone would get older and uglier after 2 years, but you all just seem to get more and more beautiful as time goes by. Congrats for that!

So this week was great. We were able to teach Raquel and her family and Sunday night baptize Raquel. She is a great young woman and the church will be a huge help to her and her family. The area that she lives is pretty dangerous at night and a few guys had threatened her the day before the baptism and the baptism almost fell through, but luckily a member with a car was able to picked her up to keep her safe. Also, her uncle went to church with us too. He was baptized 15 years ago and almost served a mission but didn't serve because he found a girl friend. You got to be careful with the ladies young men, especially close to the mission. His name is Edson and he is excited to return to church and he's got a 9 year-old daughter also that we'll try to baptize soon.

It's been raining a ton! The rain comes from every direction so the umbrella isn't very useful and the umbrellas we bought here are poo and already breaking.

Like I said last week, the area called Arco Verde in our zone Fechou closed and another area called Bom Conselho that also had problems with missionaries is rebuilding and having to pretty much open again with the new missionaries. Also, one of the other areas is having problems with the members/bishop. I don't know what is happening to our zone but this next transfer a lot of things will need to change!

We got a call last night that there will be a LZ meeting in Recife so we will be going to Recife! I've been joking around with my comp that we'll come back with mission tablets! That would be cool, but at the same time not really necessary. So that will be what we are up to the next couple of days and hopefully we'll get a chance to visit the temple in Recife while we are there!

Last Monday we played volleyball with the members which was way fun because it was legit! Then afterwards we bought hamburgers from a place called Big Burger. I'll send pictures it was way good. Two burgers are big enough to feed 7 8 of us.

Friday I hit my 18-month mark! I still have a ton to do in 6 months. Knowing it's so close makes me want to do all I can to end the mish with fire! I don't know if that makes sense in English but that's how we say it in Portuguese.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Com Todo Amor E Carinho,
Elder LeSueur

Raquel's Baptism BIG Burgers we bought at Big Burgers

                            Raquel’s Baptism                                                                                           Big Burger

Elder Bochi & me Me at the study table after a long day

                Elder Bochi & Elder LeSueur                                                             At the study table after a long day

No comments:

Post a Comment