Monday, July 15, 2013

zone “tour of the mission” conference in recife 6-3-13

Dear Family,

Thanks Mom and Dad for the emails. It’s great to hear that everyone is great and doing well. I loved all you said but the thing that made me most happy are the friends going on missions! Niki Rogers and Lexee Traasdahl. So awesome!

I could go on commenting about everything that’s going on there, but you all already know what happened there this last week. So for us here in good ol´ Brazil (Garanhuns), it was a super crazy week for the main reason that we as a zone took a trip to Recife for a thing called tour of the mission where a general authority came to our mission and spoke to all the missionaries...It wasn’t Elder Holland but was still really good. Thursday morning at 3 in the morning (yah, we didn’t sleep that night) we all met at the bus stop in Garanhuns and waited for the bus a good 3 hours because there was no room in the 1st bus. We got to Recife around 6:30 in the morning and traveled for about an hour to get to the Recife zoo! It wasn’t that cool, but it was cool for the fact that it was a zoo in Brazil and some of the animals are animals that don’t exist in the US (mostly birds). The surrounding (trees, plants, lakes) was sooooo beautiful. Our zone hung out at the zoo for awhile and afterwards headed to the temple. The temple is great...except we hadn’t slept the past night, so you can imagine how we all were in the temple...ha. Also, there is a burger king right next to the temple so of course we all had to go there and eat. I felt like I was in the US for a couple hours while we ate there, Great stuff.

Friday we spent at the mission tour which was great and spiritual and felt like the CTM all over again seeing friends and past companions. On the way home I was lucky enough to carry a huge box of Book of Mormons to Garanhuns. To get to the bus stop that goes all the way to Garanhuns you first have to take a metro train. There were thousands of people trying to squeeze into the bus because we got there at rush hour. As soon as the doors of the metro opened everyone was crazy to get inside. We pushed as hard as we could and luckily every missionary got in safely. After the trip to Recife my companion and I were totally dead, and I feel like I need to sleep more somehow. It’s hard to think and right now I’m really emotional, I feel like crying and beating someone at the same time, P-day came just in time ;) That’s just how the mission is, Satan does EVERYTHING he can to put you down and make you feel like poo. Luckily my companion is great, my family is great and in reality there is nothing to be sad or angry about.

Oh and I loved the pictures of the nieces and nephews...they are sooooo big. I almost freaked out when I saw Tessa (also because of the outfit) she is so big! Stop growing till January!

Love you all and hope you all have a great week!!!

Love,

Elder LeSueur

PS-  We also worked a bunch this week, finding new people to teach. I’ll write more about the work next week. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment