Hi Family,
A couple members who play volleyball really well invited us to play with them today so we went in the afternoon and won! It was super awesome. I think I'm better now than I was in high school. That doesn't make sense right...? Anyway, I'm jealous that you all are going to the cabin for the Fourth of July. I know it will be fun and no one will remember that I'm not there so put a picture of me in a frame and set it on the table there in remembrance that I want to be there ;) Love you all!
This week was about the same as last week. We did a lot of contacting and finding people that didn't want anything do with the church, baptism, or stepping out of there comfort zone. In the church we know there is something wrong when we are never willing to leave our comfort zone. On a mission I feel like we are continually growing because we are continually challenged with new problems and people to help, which makes us leave our comfort zone and have to do something new. In our ward we have decided to make a "ward mission" and call a ton of ward missionaries and have 2 zone leader members to help out. With them we assign new converts and less actives to visit and reactivate. Also, we (the full timers) will meet with them every 15 days to teach them how to do contacts and how to teach all the lessons. Also, we are trying to do more activities in the ward and soccer/volleyball every Thursday. Our ward here needs to wake up a little so we are doing all we can to excite the members and get them to want to help out with the missionary work more here in Garanhuns.
Yesterday the stake had a training class on missionary work while the 4 elders took care of the kids in another room. It was only for 2 hours but we all about died. The kids were crazy and we were all sweating and super tired by the end but it was pretty funny.
Unfortunately, the awesome family we had last week, isn't so awesome anymore because they have promised 2 times to go to church and haven't both times. We are pretty disappointed with them and the others that didn't go. But luckily at the church Sunday there was a surprise waiting for us and a member had brought a family of 4 for us to teach!!! Whooo!!! So this week we'll start teaching them :)
I love you all and have a great week!!!
Com amor,
Elder LeSueur
No comments:
Post a Comment